- Develop your career in the FMCG industry with an iconic New Zealand brand!
- Manage compliance and risks in product development and promotion in line with relevant legislation
- Advocate sound regulatory frameworks and our stance on nutrition
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Regulatory & Standards Scientist to join Sanitarium's Corporate Regulatory team, based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Keep updated with and interpret relevant industry legislation and frameworks to understand potential claims, risks and barriers, and advise the company as appropriate.
- Ensure company compliance and risk mitigation by assessing artwork, advertising, ingredient lists, and allergen, GM, and compliance status of products and raw materials.
- Assist as required with the implementation of company food policy.
- Deliver projects to agreed turnaround times.
- Maintain key industry contacts to positively influence good food regulation outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a well organised, customer focused team player, demonstrating:
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience within Au/NZ food regulation
- A suitably-related degree; e.g. Food Science, Nutrition, Science
- Knowledge of the AU/NZ Food Standards Code, allergen management (VITAL)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team whilst also being capable of working independently.
Advantageous would be, your:
- Experience with Retailer specification software
- Experience/knowledge in key overseas food regulatory systems (Asia, EU)
- Understanding of HACCP, GMO, marketing imperatives
For the right person flexible hours could be an option. To ensure a smooth transition into this role, the successful applicant would ideally be available to commence late February 2019.
Sanitarium provides a supportive workplace; we genuinely care for the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer a range of benefits that support this aim. We are an organisation driven by our purpose and values. If you share our passion for what we do, our products and can respect our Christian based principles then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Category: Science and Technology