- Iconic Australian Company
- Berkeley Vale, Central Coast location
- •Newly created position, rare opportunity!
Sanitarium is a progressive and dynamic business that is Australian owned and produces Australia’s favourite breakfast cereal Weet-Bix and Australia’s leading liquid breakfast – Up & Go.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Resource Productivity and Environmental Officer to join our team in Berkeley Vale.
The Resource Productivity & Environmental Officer is responsible for assisting the Environmental Manager with the safe and responsible operation, coordination and management of Berkeley Vale Resource Productivity and Environmental priorities.
Our ideal candidate will have broad industry experience in resource productivity and/or continuous improvement in energy – electricity and natural gas, water and waste management sectors. Experience working with water and/or Industrial Trade Waste treatment would be highly regarded.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications, preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in resource productivity or continuous improvement
- Strong Engineering background in resources - energy, water and waste management
- Understanding of environmental legislation, standards, regulations and principles
- Experience working with water and/or industrial Trade Waste treatment
- Project management experience
- Passion for continuous improvement and ability to analyse, action and deliver innovative ideas
- Strong customer focus, ability to influence and work effectively in a team
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Action priorities of the sites Resource Productivity & Environmental Management System and strategic plan.
- Participate effectively as a member of the Environmental department team and support efficient operations of department responsibilities.
- Contribute and attend to the determination of root cause of variance and establish effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Identify, support and evaluate resource efficiency/productivity and environmental opportunities and projects, including evaluating environmental trends and change within industry and government, providing recommendations to the Environmental Manager.
- Work with project teams, both internal and external, to ensure ongoing compliance with resource productivity and environmental standards and improved performance.
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do, our products and can respect our Christian based principles this is a fantastic opportunity.
All applicants must demonstrate they have the legal right to work in Australia.
The selection process will include interviews, online and functional testing as well as internal reference checking. Please include a copy of your tertiary qualifications and academic transcript in your resume attachment.
Hear why our employee’s love working at Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing, where people and purpose matter... https://www.sanitarium.com.au/about/join-our-team/working-at-sanitarium
Applications close: Sunday 31st March 2019