Sanitarium Auckland Manufacturing has a unique opportunity for a highly energetic and dynamic Production Manager with experience in food or beverage manufacturing who can lead through inspirational leadership and who has a passion to produce some of New Zealand's most iconic breakfast brands!
Reporting directly to the site Manufacturing Manager, this role manages 9 Team Leaders, with approximately 100 reporting staff across 24/6 operating hours.
You will be responsible for managing, monitoring and controlling three cereal production lines and our Marmite production facility. The Production Manager is responsible for leading and facilitating the achievement of the sites production requirements safely, in full on time and within quality and cost standards.
As an experienced Production Manager you will be familiar with the requirements of a role like this, which include:
- Leading with Safety by showing the way.
- Delivering schedule adherence, tonnes / volume to target and yield targets.
- Leading and implementing cost down initiatives and projects through utilising Continuous Improvement tools.
- Assisting the site management team to deliver site quality system objectives in a BRC environment.
- Being a role model and providing constructive leadership for the work environment including a focus on team culture.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance for developing department supervisors.
We are seeking a self-motivated person with knowledge of business operations including production, project management, and technical experience who is able to demonstrate outstanding achievements in driving operational efficiency and change management initiatives within a credible food or beverage manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- 5 years of production management experience or related practical experience
- Tertiary qualifications in at least one relevant discipline
- Developed leadership skills and a Continuous Improvement approach
- Excellent time management & prioritisation ability
- Sound analytical, investigative and communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience with SAP
- Sense of humour and a can-do attitude
Sanitarium genuinely cares for the health and happiness of our employees. Benefits include our BetterU wellness programme with health checks, on-site gym and health & wellbeing subsidy. We also provide a supportive, values-based workplace that offers opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do, what we make and respect our Christian based principles, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Category: Manufacturing and Operations