- 12 month parental leave replacement position
- Flexible location options between remote working and Central Coast Head Office
- Commencing as soon as possible
Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing’s Advanced Nutrition Unit (ANU) is seeking an experienced Nutrition Science & Regulatory Manager. The position is available for 12 months as a parental leave replacement role.
The ANU team is part of the Sanitarium Food business and is focused on developing products in the arena of functional nutrition. The team focus is to develop products with nutrition solutions to support individuals who live with specific, diagnosed conditions or altered nutrition needs across life-stages to meaningfully and measurably enhance their quality of life.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Nutrition Science Functional Mgt.
- Provide input on specific disease conditions and/or life stages needs, thereby help to identify how new advanced nutrition solutions could be of benefit.
- Identify potential product development opportunities and provide assessment in terms of scientific credibility and efficacy.
- Provide leadership within the unit in the understanding of key issues and opportunities in nutrition science and seek to translate these into insights that can drive successful commercial outcomes for the business.
Regulatory Approval Mgt.
- Responsible for making recommendations on how to utilize & navigate regulatory pathways for ANU new product development, spanning both FSANZ and TGA.
- Establish and maintain networks internally and with external consultants & researchers and organisations to ensure that actions are adhering to “best practice” principles in scientific & regulatory matters.
In market Communication
- Develop and support representation of the products to key stakeholders, building company and brand credibility and reputation in the arena of nutrition.
- Liaise with appropriate Health and Scientific representatives from partnering organisations.
To be the successful applicant, you will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary/post graduate qualifications in a Health Sciences field – related to Nutrition
- Demonstrated successful track record of identifying and delivering innovation to the market place in a nutrition or life science arena
- Demonstrated experience in food related development/ application roles
- Extensive knowledge of nutrition and its application through manufactured products to benefit the human being
- Ability to read and interpret scientific research
- Demonstrated understanding of food regulations and legislation – local FSANZ / TGA desirable
- Knowledge of human physiology & pathology
- Experience working in a reputable FMCG company with knowledge and experience in developing foods for health care/pharmacy channels desirable
- Knowledge of medical nutrition therapy desirable (i.e. dietetics)
- Experience in commissioning 3rd party clinical research studies an advantage
This role requires a self-starter who has the ability to work autonomously, has a strong client focus and innovative approach to solving problems. Strong analytical capability, excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence others while working collaboratively in tackling complex projects is crucial. You will bring energy, enthusiasm and a positive approach balanced with pragmatism.
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do, what we make and the values we aspire to, this will be a great opportunity for you.
Category: Science and Technology